Thanks to our Lord for His faithfulness and grace upon us!
Although the overall climate in the United States today towards ANY efforts to help or outreach people who struggle with homosexual desires are getting more and more hostile, God continuously shows me his unwavering love and commitment to this special group of people.
A recent example is the California AB 2943 Bill which makes it unlawful for any person to sell books, to provide counseling services or anything else that helps someone overcome unwanted same-sex attraction or gender identity confusion. The bill is now under California’s senate judiciary committee which is the final stop before the bill becomes an official law.
The news broke my heart as this country is turning away from God further and further. At the same time, I was scared about our upcoming film project because now it looks just like the target of this bill. Under the pressure of the potential threat of being suit, I almost think about giving up.
But a few days later during my devotional time, Lord spoke to me in this passage:
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all. For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you.” (Isiah 41:10-13)
This was Lord’s promise and it comforted me immediately. He is the Lord among the raging sea. He knows what is going to happen and he has the power over everything!
Thanks to God although there have been time of doubts and difficulties, He continues to open many doors and we have seen many progresses this month, several are listed below:
- After a long period of research, consulting, and much prayers, we decided the best structure for this ministry is to establish a new nonprofit organization. Praise Lord now all of the board of directors are finally in place and we can start filing the application for establishing the nonprofit organization.
- I had a chance to talk to a Christian lawyer who is very familiar with the bill that tries to stop Christians to help homosexual people. He analyzed our ministry method and affirmed me it carries a very minimum risk. He encouraged us to move forward. I am really grateful to be able to find a lawyer who is experienced in the matter and like-minded.
Here are several items to be prayed:
- The application of incorporating the nonprofit organization with the State can go through smoothly and timely.
- We plan to gather all the board of directors soon to discuss and pass the organization’s bylaw.
- Phoebe needs to focus on the script writing again. which requires a lot of alone and quiet time. To get the script “right” is the most essential element of this entire project. Pray that she will be able to focus and will have good script discussion group time with several other friends throughout the script writing process.
- To prepare filming the 1-minute teaser in Taiwan next year, Phoebe and our prospect director Mina have started looking to building up the team in Taiwan. We hope to find a good cinematographer and two male actors to play the main character at his age 5 and 12 for the teaser.
Thank you for your labor together in the Lord!